Usually I would keep glitzy clothing such as sequins for evening wear, but with a little daring and some attention to balancing the rest of the outfit, one can stylishly do sequins during the day!
1. Keep the sequins to one area – A full sequin dress may be too much for day wear, but a sequin top or some sequins on the trousers will add some fun without making a show.
2. For your day wear, team your sequins with denim jeans – this will instantly make it day time appropriate.
3. For your day wear choose loose sequins item – Very tight sequins items like tight shirt or body hugging bottom are distinct evening wear. So for your daytime sequin item choose a loose, more relaxed piece.
4. For your day outfit choose flat shoes. You can keep your high heals in your bag and put them on after work,for a more elegant evening touch.
5. Layer it up for day wear – allow you sequin piece to just peak from underneath a jacket, a shirt or a big scarf.
I show the evening look first and thereafter the more casual, day look:
Sequins for the evening – with leather trousers, high heal shoes and dramatic accessories
For day wear -Instead of leather trousers, try black jeans ; instead of high heels, try flat shoes; instead of an elegant jacket, try a jeans jacket and toned down accessories
Anyone for sequins today?
I am wearing-
Outfit no 2 : Denim jacket -Zara (old) like this one; bottom – Dorothy Perkins, shoes- Zara ; bag – Celine’
Have a great week!